Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day 4: Carrie Goes Vegan!

I was so excited about making dinner tonight because it's a variation on one of the dishes my mom made all the time as a kid. She always made polish sausage and scalloped potatoes and I remember my brother and I both getting excited when we'd see her beginning to prepare it.

So, I attempted a modern version of Sausage and Smashed Cauliflower - vegan and low carb. Definitely not the same as mom used to make ... it was so much better!!! I used the Tofurky Italian Sausage - which has the perfect amount of heat for me and my family. And I made a vegan variation on the Smashed Cauliflower by using vegan cream cheese and spices instead of the Boursin cheese. It was a truly delicious meal and I think Ellen would've devoured it right along with us!



No comments:

Post a Comment