Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 1: Carrie Goes Vegan!

I'm thinking it won't be too hard to do this vegan thing. I mean, I was a strict vegetarian for 10+ years so this should be easy, right? Right. Sure, I'll miss my rich, creamy cheese & dairy products, but I won't miss the meat. I really only eat meat now because a) my husband nags me to eat it ALL THE TIME and b) I really do feel more satisfied salads, pasta, rice and pretzels by the pound.

So, for the first night of my challenge I'm making tacos. Since this isn't an entire household challenge I'm making Tacos Two Ways: Meatless Tacos for me and my 1 year old daughter and Turkey Tacos for my hubby and 3 year old son. Tacos are a favorite around my house for a host of reasons: they're simple, everyone can have them 'their way', I can make them spicy for me and mild for the husband and kids, very minimal clean up. That's a perfect meal in my book. And these vegan tacos were absolutely delicious!



Day 1's a success. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment