Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Day 2: Vicki Goes Vegan

I had already planned a girl's night happy hour at my house for Tuesday so I was a little worried about how that would coincide with my Vicki Goes Vegan plan. But I realized this was a great opportunity to get rid of all the stuff in my house I shouldn't be eating! Let my friends sleep with the guilt of cheesy goodness. Mmm, cheese. Yummy cheese. Oh crap. Getting sidetracked.

So, I offloaded some of my dairy products into Crab Rangoon Dip and Striped Cheese Triangles while I happily dipped orange and green peppers into some fabulous hummus. Just please don't tell me wine isn't vegan!

2 comments:

  1. barnivore.com should have a database of vegan and non-vegan wines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What supercarrotaway said--this is actually a pretty tough one. The easiest ones to find are Yellow Tail--only the reds! (available pretty much anywhere), Frey (available at Whole Foods, any place with organic wines), Orleans Hill--avoid their whites; they're vegan, but disgusting (should be available most places), Our Daily Red (Trader Joes, maybe other places too).

    I suppose I'd also probably point out that wine falls into a sort of nebulous category with respect to veganism; some vegans don't monitor wine and beer closely. In a strict sense, as a vegan you should, but if the question is WWEE, this one may be up in the air.

    ReplyDelete