Monday, August 24, 2009

Day 1: Vicki Goes Vegan

I thought this challenge was going to be hard but so far it's been alright. Very easy for me to say, though, since it's only been a few hours! By the end of the week you might catch me in the corner unwrapping sticks of butter and eating them like candy bars, but for now I feel like I've found some healthy alternatives to meat and dairy.

I highlighted these two recipes on the FunnyScoop blog as part of our FunnySpoon Challenge:

Teriyaki Salmon Burgers



Yogurt Poppy Slaw



It was easier than I thought to go vegan - I just substituted the following ingredients in the recipes:

MorningStar Farms Grillers Vegan Burger

Silk Plain Soy Yogurt

Vegenaise Vegan Mayonnaise

Delish! I really didn't feel like I was missing out on anything, plus I got that "feel-good" feeling that I was being more eco-friendly and eating a little healthier. (Plus I was thinking this is "what Ellen would eat" and got a little excited that she might give me a gold star or a pat on the back. Fingers crossed!)

No comments:

Post a Comment